Thursday, September 4, 2008

A star is born and it sure ain't Barack Obama!

Okay, I have to admit that last Friday morning when I heard that McCain had chosen Palin over Romney I was mad. I was convinced that Romney should be the one and still feel like he would have been a great choice but McCain didn't listen to me! Imagine that...

Through the past week I have been reading and listening about Sarah Palin and have really liked and admired what I have found out. Many wondered if she could hold her own but after her speech last night at the RNC that shouldn't be a question now. She's an impressive woman and has accomplished a great deal. I love how she has started at the bottom of the political food chain, PTA president, and worked her way up. Let me tell you, being a PTA president isn't a walk in the park. You deal with school administration, teachers, students and organize parents. Great start!

I also love her sarcasm and wit. According to CNN many women will be offended with her sarcasm - what? She did it with a smile and with humor and I'm sure the left are scared to death! I won't go into the speech itself, go to CSPAN and listen to it and you will smile and high five through it all! She can really deliver a speech. No humming and hawing for her.

I have no doubt that she will work on issues such as drilling for oil. She has fought corruption in her own party and isn't one of the "good ole boys." I can see her really shaking up things in Washington.

The left has launched a major attack on her personal life. How can she raise 5 children including a baby with Down's? Why should that be an issue? How did Biden raise 2 boys alone and serve in the Senate? Her 17 year old daughter is pregnant! Now that's really unusual in the United States isn't it? At least she is getting married and not have an abortion paid for by Planned Parenthood. With a strong family, including grandparents, why is her child care an issue? Maybe she should be using government assistance for day care!

The interesting thing about these unfounded and biased leftist attacks is that they are mobilizing and energizing the Republican party. It's getting people interested and jumping to her defense. These attacks will soon backfire.

One observation I made was that last week while Hilary Clinton was speaking at the DNC Michelle Obama looked like she was swallowing a turd the whole time. No smiles, just a sour face. Last night Cindy McCain was smiling, laughing, and nodding constantly and showed genuine affection for Sarah.

A comment made by Biden was she didn't talk about the middle class in her speech. With Sarah, she doesn't need to talk about us because she is definitely one of us!

Oh, it doesn't hurt that her husband looks like Tim McGraw!

No comments: