Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's My Money and I Want It NOW!

If I were a citizen of California or Kansas I think that's what I would be yelling today. These states have overspent their budgets and guess who gets to pay for it? Of course, the taxpayers. Which is normal, right? But not in this circumstance it shouldn't be.

We have always been told that if you owe the government taxes then it is NOT your money to spend. If you do and can't pay your taxes then you can be prosecuted by the law. We have been in the position where we couldn't always pay our bills but do you think we could have used our income tax money to pay them? Nope.

Does this money belong to the State? No. It belongs to those people who have overpaid their taxes and deserve a refund. Wouldn't we be prosecuted if we tried to keep money that belonged to someone else?

I think if I lived in a State that did this I would do what most illegals do, put 9 dependants on my I9! That's how they get out of paying taxes on their income.

And that brings up the point that maybe California is suffering so much because of all of the illegals in their state. Some would claim that they pay taxes when they work. I beg to differ on that point. Most will claim 6 to 9 dependants, even 18 year olds! So therefore they don't pay any taxes but they qualify for all of the government assistance programs available and they know how to get it!

No comments: