Thursday, July 24, 2008

Access America Insurance Rip Off

Here's the story:

My daughter and her husband purchased tickets to a play in Houston on May 16 and used accessamerica for their insurance on these tickets. I have used your plan to insure our cruise vacations in the past and told them they made a good choice. Unfortunately, my mother in law passed away on May 13 and it was important for my daughter to attend the funeral in Idaho for her grandmother whom she had been very close to.
My son in law, David Garrett, has been trying to get a refund on the tickets and has not received any help at all. I had the funeral home fax a copy of the birth certificate to your company. David was told that because the death was "natural causes" that you wouldn't except this. This woman died in her sleep in a life care center. We had a funeral for her. Her obituary was published in the paper and on the internet. What is the problem? Would you like photo's of her in the casket?
I assure you that I will be publishing blogs, emails and letters on all of the different travel websites such as Cruise Critic, Trip Advisory, etc as well as RipOff, etc so that you cannot put anyone else through this kind of treatment.
It is hard enough to lose a loved one but to be subjected to this type of treatment is uncalled for. I know that they are retaining a lawyer to handle this situation but I wanted your company to know that I will do everything in my power to let others know of this situation. The internet has become a powerful tool in this regard.
If you would like to contact me please feel free to do so at 208-243-0787.
An unhappy and disgusted customer in Idaho!
Jeannette Wilding

No comments: